What is it?
- A.k.a. crank, speed, crystal, ice or P
- A powerful, highly toxic, lethal drug
- Illegally cooked in makeshift labs
- Sold as pills, capsules, powder or chunks
- Can be smoked, snorted, injected or eaten
Methamphetamine, or meth, is an addictive stimulant drug that strongly activates certain systems in the brain
Long term effects of Meth abuse
- Brain damage
- Birth defects
- Genetic defects
It can also cause health problems not just for users but for anyone exposed to the chemicals
Who is at risk?
- Real Estate Agent / Property Owner
- New tenants
- Trades people e.g. plumber, carpet layer etc.
- Housing inspectors
- Healthcare workers e.g. Plunket etc.
- Children and neighbours
- Any person who enters the property!
Who should clean a Meth lab?
- Property owners should be strongly advised against cleaning a lab themselves!
What we can do?
- Using internationally approved training and health & safety procedures; our team will assess the site and work in partnership with an independent testing laboratory to provide a written work plan for the operation.
- Remove equipment and decontaminate the affected areas.
- Hazardous wastes will be disposed of at an approved facility.
- We will take care of everything from curtains and drapes to contaminated soils, carpet and work with the independent testing laboratory to provide pre and post-decontamination testing.